14. September 2010 12:13
To celebrate the launch of Time Travel Explorer in the Apple app store, join us for a 2 hour guided walk around Westminster including the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Whitehall.
- Explore the origins of "the Minster in the West" and see how it is linked to the City of London
- Experience the way in which the area has developed over the centuries - and what still remains of the original buildings
- Travel through time using old maps on your iDevice
Tour provided by Sue Mayne, certified Blue Badge Guide
Meet at 10:00 on Saturday 18th. underneath Big Ben, opposite Westminster tube station.
IPhone not necessary, but if you have one make sure you've installed the app - Time Travel Explorer - Pro version recommended, low launch price still maintained.
Please register here to confirm your attendance, places are limited and there is lots of interest
11. August 2010 21:36
Welcome to Time Travel Explorer London
Time travel? There's an app for that. Well, almost. With Time Travel Explorer (TTX) you can glimpse the London of Jack the Ripper, Charles Dickens, William Hogarth and Samuel Johnson through detailed and superimposable maps, spoken descriptions from a Blue Badge guide and over 1000 archive photographs.
You don't need a DeLorean or Tardis. Simply switch on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and begin browsing through history.
- View detailed maps of London showing how the city has evolved over centuries. Fade-in and fade-out overlaid maps from different eras, to see precisely how streets, parks, boundaries and properties have changed.
- Find your location with GPS and discover how your current surroundings looked in different eras.
- Browse over 700 points of interest with detailed descriptions, many with photos and personal commentary from a certified Blue Badge tourist guide.
- View more than 1200 historic photos, many more than a century old.
Explore the streets of London, let your iPhone tell you what's around you and see how the city has developed in a unique way.
Available now from iTunes app store for a special low introductory price of £1.79 until 26 August 2010.